Our eating habits control various body functions for the healthy you. Whatever you eat balances the amount of nutrients and essential elements in the body, so it is always recommended to pick healthy foods and keep the munching on junkies minimal. Our heart is one of the most important organs as it pumps out the blood through the entire body. You must have heard the doctors and dietitians advise to adapt with a diet that lowers the cholesterol for a healthy heart. This is a list of super foods to keep your bad cholesterol level lower and enhance the buildup of good cholesterol.
- Tomatoes – The juicy vegetable tops the list as it is really easy to incorporate the tomatoes in your diet through any season. Filled with great benefits, they have the higher amount of lycopene, which give them beautiful red color, and eating these will keep the LDL cholesterol lower to a great extent. The healthy heart diet vegetable releases even more lycopene when they are cooked.
- Almonds – The crunchy nut has several benefits and we can not ignore them anyway. The great source of Vitamin E, Biotin, Manganese, Monounsaturated Fats, and Fibers which help to prevent production of high cholesterol and fight with the bad fat. It reduces heart diseases and risk of diabetes as it is high in HDL cholesterol. Therefore, without giving any second thoughts make them the part of your grocery list.
- Garlic – It is known for its various properties to kill the bacteria and fungi to aid digestive disorders and lower the bad cholesterol level. The high amount of allicin helps to keep the long-term effects for the same. Through any of the medium ie powder, extract, tablet, oil, or raw it has the same benefits.
- Dark Chocolate – Who else would say no to the super delicious food? You must have heard from the doctors that the dark chocolates are healthy for the heart. They are pure and contain theobromine, which is an active compound for increasing the good cholesterol in the blood. It also prevails blood platelets from sticking together and keeps the consistency of the blood accurate as to prevent the arms from clogging.
- Apple – We have heard many times that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. It is actually true for the heart patients who daily eat apples has good amount of antioxidants and soluble fats that keeps the bad cholesterol at the bay.